The Action Center on Race and the Economy (ACRE) drives campaigns that seek to win structural change by directly taking on the corporations responsible for pillaging communities of color and working-class communities and harming our environment. Through partnerships with organizations involved in local racial, economic, environmental, and educational justice campaigns, we provide strategic campaign coordination and campaign infrastructure with an explicit racial justice analysis.
The Senior Organizer is responsible for externally pushing forward ACRE’s key program areas in coordination with other ACRE staff, external partners and allies. The Senior Organizer is expected to synthesize campaign strategy, research and political education into coherent external organizing designed to advance campaigns and bring in new partners. The Senior Organizer is a Grade 2 position which currently reports to Co-ED.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Organizing with Partners
- Support local campaigns partners are running
- Connect multiple organizing partners working on similar work across organization
- Develop relationships with new partners
- Work with partners to push ACRE’s analysis
- Keep track of current work partners are doing and support they may need
- Help coordinate national actions
- Represent ACRE at national campaign meetings, when appropriate
- Work with communications team to represent ACRE publicly regarding campaign work including media appearances as a spokesperson
- Help convene national meetings and calls with partners or public
- A strong commitment to progressive social change and racial justice, a familiarity with the issues that are central to ACRE’s work and a passion for ACRE’s vision and mission
- Two years organizing experience with a union or grassroots community organization
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and execute organizing plans
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot issues as they arise, make contingency plans, and shift plans as needed
- Willingness to work with a national team spread across multiple cities
- Strong critical thinking skills and ability to think creatively and innovatively
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in politically sensitive and high-pressure environments
- Demonstrated commitment to community and/or labor organizing and experience working with women and communities of color for social change
- Effective time management skills, including prioritizing and managing multiple tasks, with light supervision
- Willingness to work long and irregular hours and travel as needed (when pandemic ends)
- A good sense of humor
The positions related to this job include
Organizer– Grade 1
Senior Organizer – Grade 2
Deputy Campaign Director – Grade 3
Campaign Director – Grade 4
How to apply
Please apply using this link – https://airtable.com/shrFR7yg8LTXMGXYJ
The salary range for this position is $66,000-$80,000. LGBTQ, women and people of color strongly encouraged to apply. Compensation is commensurate with experience. Position includes excellent benefits. Extensive travel will be required. To apply please submit your application here.
If you have any trouble with the form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the position you are applying for in the subject.