Senior Research Analyst – Housing, Action Center on Race and the Economy
The Action Center on Race and the Economy (ACRE) drives campaigns that seek to win structural change by directly taking on the financial elite responsible for pillaging and polluting communities of color and working-class communities, and destroying our planet. Through partnerships with organizations involved in local racial, economic, environmental and educational justice campaigns, we provide strategic campaign coordination and campaign infrastructure with an explicit racial justice analysis.
The Senior Research Analyst will report to the Director of Research and will work closely with ACRE’s Senior Organizer for the Housing Pillar, and with additional ACRE staff and partner organizations with a focus on financialization of housing and housing justice under ACRE’s Housing pillar.
- Conduct research in support of housing justice and corporate landlord campaigns, and other policy and legislative solutions ACRE is pursuing.
- Work with local partners to develop campaign strategy
- Work with local partners on research and the development of materials to support local campaigns
- Help train and lead more junior researchers
- Help design and deliver trainings
- Manage meetings and events, including event preparation, set-up and post-event debriefs
- Coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
- Contribute creatively to a forward-thinking team
- Speak on behalf of ACRE at public meetings, to press, and to elected officials, when asked
- A strong commitment to progressive social change and racial justice, a familiarity with the issues that are central to ACRE’s work and a passion for ACRE’s vision and mission
- At least five years of experience doing campaign-based research, for unions or grassroots community organizations
- The ideal candidate should have some experience working on housing justice issues
- Familiarity with financialization of housing and housing justice issues, policies, and legislation at the local, state and federal level
- Excellent research, writing, and editing skills
- Proficiency in Internet-based research, word processing, spreadsheet programs and database design and management
- Familiarity with financial issues a plus but not required
- Ability to read, understand, analyze and explain complex financial documents
- Strong critical thinking skills and ability to think creatively and innovatively
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with organizers
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in politically sensitive and high-pressure environments
- Demonstrated commitment to community and/or labor organizing and experience working with women and communities of color for social change
- Effective time management skills, including prioritizing and managing multiple tasks, with light supervision
- A keen sense of detail and organization, including the ability to comb through dense documents and identify what is useful and relevant
- Willingness to work long and irregular hours and travel as needed
- A good sense of humor
Salary scale range $66k – $88k. LGBTQ, women and people of color strongly encouraged to apply. Compensation is commensurate with experience. Position includes excellent benefits. Location is flexible but Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, San Antonio, Detroit, Oakland, or San Francisco is preferred.
If you have any trouble with the form, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and write “Senior Research Analyst- Housing” in the subject line.