Senior Organizer – Crescendo, Action Center on Race and the Economy
Crescendo, a project by ACRE, MPower Change, and LittleSis, takes on corporate complicity in Islamophobia and anti-Muslim bigotry through research and campaigning. Current campaigns we lead or support include #WhoseTube, Big Tech Sells War, and Unmasking Fidelity.
The Senior Organizer would synthesize campaign strategy, research, and political education into coherent external organizing designed to advance campaigns and bring in new partners. Responsibilities would include developing strategy with partners, expanding the reach of Crescendo through relationship building and training, and building and coordinating on opportunities for actions.
The Senior Organizer is a Grade 2 position and will report to the Crescendo Campaign Director. Salary range for this position is $68,000-$89,000 depending on experience.
Applications are due January 31, 2022 with start date in May 2022.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and lead national corporate campaigns with partners
- Support local partners on their corporate focused campaigns
- Build and maintain relationships with Muslim groups on the national and local level
- Bring a corporate analysis to spaces organizing around Muslim issues
- Coordinate actions and political education opportunities
- Represent Crescendo in coalition spaces
- Work with communications and digital teams to create media opportunities, toolkits, and online campaign strategy
- Convene national meetings and calls to action
- Connect organizers for regular updates, strategizing, and relationship building
- Expand the reach of Crescendo among Muslim communities
- A strong commitment to progressive social change and racial justice, a familiarity with the issues that are central to ACRE’s work, and a passion for ACRE’s vision and mission
- 5+ years organizing experience with a grassroots community organization and/or advocacy on corporate campaigns
- Understanding of how to run a campaign from research to strategy to coalition building to action to winning
- Experience working for or in coalition with Muslim communities and/or communities that have been racialized as Muslim
- Familiarity with Muslim base building organizations and issues facing Muslim communities at the local, state, and federal level
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and execute organizing plans
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot issues as they arise, make contingency plans, and shift plans as needed
- Willingness to work with a national team spread across multiple cities and organizations
- Strong critical thinking skills and ability to think creatively and innovatively
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in politically sensitive and high-pressure environments
- Demonstrated commitment to community and/or labor organizing and experience working with women and communities of color for social change
- Effective time management skills, including prioritizing and managing multiple tasks, with light supervision
- Effective communication skills
- Willingness to work long and irregular hours and travel as needed (when it is safe to do so)
- A good sense of humor
People of color, women, and LGBTQ folks are strongly encouraged to apply.
Location is flexible but Chicago, Detroit, New York City, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, San Francisco/Oakland Bay Area, or Washington D.C. or is preferred. There is a 10% cost of living adjustment for people working out of the New York City, Los Angeles, Bay Area, and DC metro areas. Position includes excellent benefits.
All new hires must be fully vaccinated before employment is able to begin at ACRE. Requests for accommodations may be submitted. Approval is at the discretion of the Co-Executive Directors.