Senior Development Operations Associate – Action Center on Race and the Economy
The Action Center on Race and the Economy (ACRE) drives campaigns that seek to win structural change by directly taking on the corporations responsible for pillaging communities of color and working-class communities and harming our environment Through partnerships with organizations involved in local racial, economic, environmental, and educational justice campaigns, we provide strategic campaign coordination and campaign infrastructure with an explicit racial justice analysis.
The Senior Development Operations Associate will report to ACRE’s Deputy Director of Development.
- Create, codify and adjust processes and procedures to streamline all Development-related activities, especially as it pertains to reporting, prospecting, grants, grantmakers, donors and donations
- Advising on and implementing fundraising technology that collects and integrates data across systems and manages donors across channels (grants, individual, etc.)
- Help to optimize the grant administration process and major donor relationship management functions of a CRM
- Create and codify data entry standards for a donors and foundations
- Maintain data hygiene, including deduping as necessary, and performing ongoing cleanup
- Investigate any CRM system errors and problems, identify possible causes, resolve issues and communicate procedures to rectify the situation
- Ensure donor confidentiality
- Develop systems, queries, and reports to measure and assess the efficacy of campaigns, and provide metrics and analysis as needed
- Create or support creation of (working with other key staff) budgets, proposals, reports, updates, and other deliverables
- Provide accurate donor information for the Annual Report and organize other reports and event systems
Staff and Cross-Departmental Support
- Provide guidance to staff on gift entry process and general data collection with CRM
- Work cross-departmentally to ensure constituent data is shared with accuracy, discretion, and regularity
- Work with Development Team to systematically invoice unpaid pledges and resolve payments accurately within the CRM
- Working closely with other teams, including central Operations, support tracking and resolving any grants-related income and expenses queries
- Developing a comprehensive understanding of the organization’s pillars, lobbying work, campaigns and fundraising activities
- Contribute to annual development planning by helping to examine past revenue trends, to inform goal-setting and projections
Your education and experience should include:
- At least 4 (four) years of fundraising experience in a non-profit or social justice organization, with a strong focus on operations and/or data administration
- A track record of ensuring that programs operate efficiently by streamlining administrative tasks and anticipating next steps.
- Experience managing financial records and tasks in a development setting.
- Demonstrated proficiency and experience in managing competing priorities while maintaining high standards of quality and responsiveness.
- Demonstrated experience working with fundraising CRM databases, and experience in translating data for use in developing plans to meet future challenges.
Your knowledge, skills and abilities should include:
- An ability to work in a remote environment for a fully virtual organization. Highly computer literate.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Multicultural competence and demonstrated ability and commitment to working with people from a variety of backgrounds, especially ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Excellent solution oriented skills with an ability to respond quickly to changing priorities.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment where teamwork, collegiality and self-motivation are necessary for success.
- Strong project management skills, coupled with sharp attention to detail, and a demonstrated ability to effectively manage competing priorities.
Details: Candidates can be based anywhere in the contiguous US. This is a full-time position. You will be a part of our development department and will report to our Deputy Director of Development. This position will not manage staff at present, though bringing on an intern is a possibility. Salary range is $68,000 – $80,000, depending on experience.
While location is flexible, we prefer for this position to be based out of either Chicago, Detroit, Los Angeles, New York City, Philadelphia, San Antonio, San Francisco/Oakland Bay Area, or Washington, DC. There is a 10% cost of living adjustment for people in high-cost cities. Position includes excellent benefits.
All new hires must be fully vaccinated before employment is able to begin at ACRE. Requests for accommodations may be submitted. Approval is at the discretion of the Co-Executive Directors. To apply please submit your application here. If you have any trouble with the form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior Development Operations Associate” in the subject line. Applications are being accepted until May 13, 2022.