Operations Manager, Action Center on Race and the Economy – Chicago, IL
The Action Center on Race and the Economy (ACRE) drives campaigns that seek to win structural change by directly taking on the financial elite responsible for pillaging communities of color and working-class communities and harming our environment. Through partnerships with organizations involved in local racial, economic, environmental and educational justice campaigns, we provide strategic campaign coordination and campaign infrastructure with an explicit racial justice analysis.
The Operations Manager will report to the Co-Directors and will work closely with ACRE staff and with partner organizations.
- Key liaison to accountant on organization operations processes
- Collecting and tracking expenses
- Tracking paid time off and vacation time
- Booking meeting space
- Managing organization calendars
- Coordinate benefits administration including enrollment and changes
- Assist with annual audit processes
- Coordinate all staff events
- Execute bank deposits, and other basic financial tasks
- Manage the upkeep of personnel files
- Other operations tasks as needed
- A strong commitment to progressive social change and racial justice, a familiarity with the issues that are central to ACRE’s work and a passion for ACRE’s vision and mission
- Strong critical thinking skills
- The ability to stay organized and plan effectively with strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in politically sensitive and high-pressure environments
- Effective time management skills, including prioritizing and managing multiple tasks
- Proficiency in Google and Microsoft Office programs
- Basic database skills
- A good sense of humor
LGBTQ, women and people of color strongly encouraged to apply. Position includes excellent benefits. Salary scale range $66k – $87k. 10% bonus included for employees in high cost cities. Chicago-based applicants strongly preferred.
To apply please submit your application here.
If you have any trouble with the form, please email email@example.com with “Operations Manager” in the subject line.